You and other users of our Website can contribute to the Website in a number of different ways, including submitting emails, writing reviews, making postings, uploading and posting photos or videos, making comments or suggestions, submitting ideas, filling out public profiles, rating other users' contributions and making other similar contributions or submissions to the Website or to Viator (collectively, "Content"). We may use your Content in a number of different ways, including, among other things, displaying it on the Website, reformatting it, translating it into other languages, editing it for clarity and grammar, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites, mobile properties, applications, and media platforms.
Accordingly, please be aware that by submitting Content, you grant Viator and its affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Content throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised, for any purpose; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with such Content. You acknowledge that Viator may choose to provide attribution of your comments or reviews at our discretion. You further grant Viator the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Viator’s rights in the Content by a breach of this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that Content is non-confidential and non-proprietary. If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the Content by Viator or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the Content; and (d) you forever release Viator, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against Viator by virtue of any such moral rights.
Viator and its affiliates may display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with your Content on the Website. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
This Website may contain discussion forums, bulletin boards, review services or other forums in which you or third parties may post reviews of travel experiences or other content, messages, materials or other items on this Website ("Interactive Areas"). If Viator provides such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through this Website any of the following:
- Any Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law, including, without limitation, the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or any rules of a securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ;
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, including Viator;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles, or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, surname (family name) addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content that is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted; or
- Content or links to content that, in the sole judgment of Viator, (a) violates the previous subsections herein, (b) is objectionable, (c) restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or this Website, or (d) may expose Viator or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
You alone are responsible for your Content. You assume all risks associated with your Content, including anyone's reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness, or any disclosure by you of information in your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use, and authorise the use of, your Content as described herein. You may not imply that your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by Viator.
Viator takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is Viator liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. As a provider of interactive services, Viator is not liable for any statements, representations or Content provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page or other Interactive Area.
Although Viator has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the Content posted to or distributed through any Interactive Area, Viator reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen, translate or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on this Website at any time and for any reason, or to have such actions performed by third parties on its behalf, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any Content you post or store on this Website at your sole cost and expense. Viator has no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your Content.
Any use of the Interactive Areas or other portions of this Website in violation of the foregoing violates the terms of this Agreement and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Interactive Areas and/or this Website.