Located on the southern side of the island of Capri, Marina Piccola was once the main port on the island, used by Roman emperors Augustus and Tiberius. Sheltered from the wind and enjoying a southern exposure, the beaches here are typically the warmest on the island. The marina is split into the Marina di Mulo and the Marina di Peannauro by the Scoglio delle Sirene cliff. Legend has it that the cliff was once inhabited by bewitching sirens described by Homer in the Odyssey.
Out to sea from Marina Piccola are the rock formations known as the Faraglioni Stacks, which must be passed when leaving the marina by boat. Near the small square where the buses stop in the marina are stairs that lead down to a pebble beach and to the Church of Saint Andrea, built in 1900. Visitors may also wish to hike along the historic Via Krupp, a switchback foot path that leads from Marina Piccola to the Charterhouse of San Giacomo and the Gardens of Augustus.
Marina Piccola can be reached by bus from the Piazzetta or by walking about 15 minutes from the Piazzetta along Via Roma to Due Golfi and then taking the stairs down Via Mulo.